Short version answers are first, keep scrolling down for even more valuable information! Email us if you have any suggestions for even more helpful answers we can post here for other bride and grooms.
Your top 10 questioned answered, "speed round" style-
1. Where is Michael's located? In Buffalo and Hamburg NY, on Southwestern Blvd. only 7 minutes from the Bills Stadium Click here for directions.
2. Is there a room rental or minimum price point / guest count to book Michael's? There is no seperate room rental to book our Ballrooms. Your price is your food, bar and any enhancements you choose. (plus 18% and tax) Our Candlelight Package is the lowest price we offer per person on a Friday or Saturday night. While there is no room or facility rental, there are room minimums on Friday and Saturday nights, which vary depending on how far away your reception date is from the day on which you sign your contract. Click here to review our menus and prices.
3. What is the deposit due to book Michael's? Our standard first deposit is $1,000.00 and that is due as cash or by check, no credit cards. Deposits are early payments that go right towards your balance due and are not considered room rentals or extra monies due. Most receptions are then required to pay a second and possibly a third or fourth deposit depending how far away your reception date is from the day on which you sign your contract. Small events can have lower deposits due.
4. Can I have my ceremony at Michael's? Yes, to check out our Ceremony Picture Page click here for our ceremony pricing outline click here
5. Can I bring in my own DJ or do I have to use your in-house DJ? You can bring in your own DJ personality, but there is a rental charge for our equipment because that DJ is asked to use our built-in speaker system. Most couples choose to book Michael's Sound with a Jammin' Sound DJ which is our "in-house" DJ option. Click here for a brief description of "Michael's Sound."
6. What type of decorations are included for free and what are typical enhancements couples order through Michael's? Michael's has just installed new dark wood dancefloors and changed our ballroom and foyer walls from bright white & dark burgundy to a comfortable champagne & mocha mix. With the addition of new cream lampshades on all of our lights, the rooms now have a much warmer yet soft and rich look to them.(completed in February 2014) We are also updating the furnishings in our foyer and have ordered window treatments for our extra tall windows! (expected to be done by April 2014) Check out our Facebook page to watch the transformations! We are also considering new ideas to help couples find romantic spots for indoor and outdooe pictures here; we have a few items we can show you at your tour, and more ideas are being added each week. We have a list of preferred vendors who can work with you to create the perfect atmosphere reflecting your personalities here in our rooms. From sparkling centerpieces and fancy head table dressings to ceiling drapes and colored uplighting for your walls and dance floor. Michael's can coordinate it all for you, or we can allow you to contact vendors to make all the arrangements yourself.
Linen table clothes and napkins are included free, we also offer free guest table centerpieces and candleabras for the head table. Designer centerpieces are available through Michael's as are chair covers and table overlays. Click here for pictures and an outline of our free and designer options.
7. Does Michael's have a bridal suite for the bride and female attendants? Yes, for pictures, click here
8. What are my options for dinner service and is there a discount for kids and young adults? Michael's offers receptions buffet style menus, sitdown, strolling stations and family-style (on request only) Yes there are price discounts for guests under 21 years old, the price depends on your choice of menu.
9. Can Michael's create a meal for my many guests with allergies? Yes, our fabulous Chef can accommodate any allergy or food preference.
10. How long does dinner service take and will I be left alone to make sure the servers are doing their jobs and to keep in contact with the DJ and bartender? Dinner service will take one hour unless you book the Ultimate Package which can take up to 90 minutes because of the extra course(s) being served. A dedicated manager will be assigned to your room to coordinate all your special moments and even waive goodbye at the very end!
Other facts about Michael's-
What are the important things to focus on or consider while initially planning my reception?
Date, location, price, menu variety, management and staffing, room size, contract requirements, ceremony options
How do I book a room at Michaels?
A deposit and signed Contracts are due to confirm any party as a definite booking. The amount due depends on the room and the date being booked. Your deposit is due in cash or by personal check.
Tell me more about your in-house sound system.
Receptions are required to book "Michael's Sound" featuring a Jammin Sound DJ, click here to jump to their website; or you may rent the "in-house" sound equipment, no outside sound equipment will be allowed into the facility. Other DJ companies are welcome, however a rental charge is due for use of the speakers and sound equipment. Ben Chieffo, Jammin' Sound's owner, will work directly with you to plan out your music list and dancing plans. A 4 hour package is our typical package and that is $575.00 for 2014 weddings, you can also pay for extra time by the half-hour that evening or plan for 5 hours in advance for $700.00 We do this to ensure that each our parties has the best quality sound and that another room's music does not filter between the walls. Click here for a brief description of "Michael's Sound." Live bands and musicians are allowed, see a manager for details.
Do I have to bring in my own decorations?
Our elegant decor is enough for most parties, however some people bring in additional items to personalize the room. Balloons are popular as are flowers, we do not allow confetti, glitter or tinsel of any kind. We also do not allow tape or tacking into our walls. Your white or cream linen table cloth and color linen napkins will help to bring color to the room, and we also offer centerpieces for no additional charge and you can rent designer pieces from us starting at only $5.00 per table. We offer white linen tablecloths and a rainbow of color linen napkins for parties ordering a full meal.
What are some early menu planning suggestions?
While planning your menu, three factors should be considered early on:
1. Your Budget
2. Your Desires and Dreams
3. Your Guests Expectations
To address all three can take plenty of time, but Michael's trained staff can easily quote you different ranges and explain the differences between our Packages.
Who can help me plan my menu and reception itinerary?
One of our trained managers can sit down with you in person as many times as it takes. If you are out-of-town, we can work with you via fax and email. We will enter your menu into our computer and ask you a set of standard questions to help guide you through the planning process. We can make suggestions and quote you different options so you can see how your budget is best spent. You can always call and ask us little questions, or save them on a list for a personal consultation. We have plenty of office time saved for reception planning and will pre-plan the night with an itinerary that states many of the important moments of the night. At the reception, your floor-manager and servers will work to keep to that itinerary's time line. The manager will remain in verbal and eye contact with you the entire evening and will work to assist you and your guests. Your guests will be impressed with our presence and you will be reassured and will feel relaxed enough to have fun and dance the night away!
How do I pay for my reception at Michael’s?
Your final balance is due 3 calendar days prior in cash or by certified bank check.
While this website was created to peak your interest in our facility, we still do suggest that the best first step to inquiring about Michael's for your reception is to call our office. There is always a manager in our office Monday through Friday 10am until 6pm. We are also available on weekends and late evenings, by appointment only.
Together, months in advance, we will set up an itinerary outlining what Reception Perfection means to you. During the reception, we will do everything we can to make the night run smoothly and to attend to your needs. Because all the planning is done before hand, that night you simply sit back and let the Michael's managers and staff run the party. All the fine details and coordinating is done by the floor manager - all that is expected of you is to have fun! Our standard policy is 1 server per 3 tables for buffets, and 1 per 2 tables for sit-downs. Serving times normally run about one hour, no matter your menu choice. There will never be a long, unexplained delay between courses. Our servers are trained to run full tray service, so there will be no messy or loud carts in your room. One server will be dedicated to the head table, and immediate family tables are always served first. Your floor manager will go around to each of your tables to offer their services, check with guests to ensure that all meals were satisfactory, bellies are full, and to inform them of your dessert choice.
Managers are also known to remind everyone to have fun and to get their dancing shoes ready! Your floor manager will be visible the entire evening and will be happy to assist you if special needs arise. He or she will help the DJ coordinate your introductions, will assist you with your cake cutting, will hand off the microphone for toasts, direct all table service, and we will also work the room lights for special dances. We will be sure that the bar staff keeps the bar fully stocked with all of your selections throughout the evening. Bar extensions are dealt with after dinner is served, and the manager and servers will help you pack up all your gifts and boxes after the guests have left for the night.
Click here to read "praise from past clients."
Click here to read more FAQs and general details about our facility.
Micheal's Banquet Facility in Hamburg NY is the perfect venue for Wedding Receptions and Ceremonies. Inexpensive wedding menus and wedding packages are available. We also provide catering for wedding receptions and have a beautiful setting for your outdoor ceremony.